Design style is one of the most fun, and often stressful parts of beginning a remodel. Embarking on a home remodel is an exciting journey that allows you to transform your living space into a reflection of your personal style and preferences. One of the key decisions you’ll make during this process is selecting an interior design style that resonates with you and creates a cohesive and inviting atmosphere throughout your home. Whether you’re drawn to the timeless elegance of traditional design, the sleek lines of modern aesthetics, or the warmth of rustic charm, choosing the right style sets the tone for your entire remodel.
Our team will work with you, using advanced 3D technology that ensures our clients love the results of their renovation by making the plans effortless to visualize. Whatever your personal style and aesthetic, we can help you bring it to life in your home. Contact us any time to learn more about our process and why we have so many satisfied clients.
If you are still working to determine your personal design style and aesthetic, we have some tips to help.
Define Your Preference
Start by identifying your personal preferences and the atmosphere you want to create in your home. Do you lean towards clean lines and minimalism, or do you prefer a cozy, layered look? Consider colors, patterns, materials, and furnishings that resonate with you and ask yourself how you want to feel when you walk into your home.
What type of first impression do you want your guests to get when they walk in? How do you want to feel after a long day at work when it’s time to relax at home? The atmosphere you want will help you narrow down your personal design style.
Research Different Design Styles
While there is never anything wrong with just choosing what you like, no matter whether it fits a specific mold, it can help to familiarize yourself with different design styles. Take some time to explore various interior design styles to get a sense of what appeals to you. Some popular styles include:
- Modern: Characterized by clean lines, minimalism, and a focus on functionality. Neutral colors and a mix of materials are common.
- Traditional: Known for its timeless elegance, traditional design features classic furnishings, rich colors, and intricate details.
- Contemporary: Similar to modern design but with more freedom for experimentation. Contemporary spaces often include innovative shapes and materials.
- Rustic: Embraces natural elements, textures, and a cozy, lived-in feel. Think exposed wood, stone, and earthy tones.
- Industrial: Inspired by factories and warehouses, industrial design showcases raw materials like steel, concrete, and exposed brick.
- Scandinavian: Characterized by simplicity, light colors, and a focus on functionality. Scandinavian design embraces minimalism and hygge comfort.
- Bohemian: Eclectic and vibrant, bohemian style combines patterns, textures, and global influences for a relaxed and artistic feel.
Keep Property Value in Mind
Your home should be personalized and feel uniquely you, but remember not to do this at the detriment of resale value. We can help you marry your personal preferences with features that ensure we will preserve and even increase the value of your home.
One way to do this is to personalize with the smaller details and keep the largest investments more generally appealing. You can do this by paying attention to the smaller details that can personalize your chosen style. This could include decorative accents, artwork, textiles, and lighting fixtures. Major installations like appliances, flooring, and home layout can be more carefully chosen to appeal to future buyers.
Trust Your Instincts
Ultimately, your home should be a reflection of your personality and taste. Trust your instincts and choose a design style that resonates with you on a personal level. Your design preferences may evolve over time, and that’s perfectly natural. As you live in your remodeled space, you might discover new inspirations and make adjustments to better suit your lifestyle. We are always here to help you continue to shape your home into everything you are dreaming it can be.
To learn more about transforming your house into your dream home or what design styles may fit your space, feel free to contact us any time.