As you plan your home remodel, you likely have a few top priorities in the renovation, like a kitchen remodel or updating an outdated aesthetic. We can help you design a home remodel that incorporates all of your priorities to make sure you love your new home. Contact us any time to learn more about why we are the right team for the job. If you are still dreaming up the re-design of your home, consider these 5 things that many people forget they can add to the remodel plans.
1. Garage insulation
An insulated garage is likely not on the list of features in your dream home, but maybe it should be. Insulating your garage can offer a range of benefits that not only enhance the comfort of your living spaces but also contribute to energy efficiency and overall property value. Whether you use your garage solely for parking vehicles or as a multifunctional space, proper insulation can make a significant difference.
Some of the benefits include:
- Insulation provides improved temperature regulation in all seasons, which is better for anything you store in the garage, including appliances.
- If your garage shares a wall with your home, a properly insulated garage can prevent heat loss or gain from affecting the adjacent rooms, thus reducing the workload on your HVAC system.
- If you use your garage for activities beyond parking, such as a home gym, workshop, or hobby space, insulation can create a more comfortable environment. It helps maintain a stable temperature, allowing you to use the space comfortably throughout the year.
- Insulation can help minimize noise transmission both into and out of the garage. This is particularly useful if you use your garage as a workshop or if you have noisy equipment, as it prevents disturbances for neighbors and household members.
- Insulation can help prevent condensation from forming on the walls and ceiling of your garage. Condensation can lead to mold and mildew growth, which is not only unsightly but also poses health risks.
- A well-insulated garage can add value to your property when it comes time to sell.
2. Energy efficient upgrades
Energy-efficient upgrades can significantly enhance the comfort of your home while reducing your energy bills and environmental impact. When you are planning your remodel, consider incorporating these energy-efficient upgrades to create a more sustainable and cost-effective living space:
- Appliances that are Energy-Star certified
- High-quality, energy-efficient windows and doors with double or triple glazing, low-E coatings, and proper insulation
- Improved or upgraded insulation
- LED lights, which consume less energy, last longer, and emit minimal heat, making them a cost-effective and eco-friendly lighting option
- Solar panels on your roof to generate clean, renewable energy
An ADU (accessory dwelling unit) is a great addition to any property, as it can be used in multiple ways and adds significant value to the home. Especially in Southern California, many homeowners are looking to ADUs as a solution in a variety of circumstances, including:
- Providing a space for an adult child or elderly parent to live, near enough to help provide care while preserving privacy and independence.
- Creating a stream of passive income by renting out the ADU to a long term tenant or listing it as a short term vacation rental.
- Making a dream guest house to level up your hospitality, while also creating supplemental living space when you don’t have overnight guests in town.
We can help you design an ADU that is perfect for your unique property and plans.
4. Room addition
If you are looking at your home remodeling plans and feeling limited by the space, it might make sense to consider a room addition. There are many ways this extra space can be used, allowing your current home to be functional, beautiful, and enjoyable even as your needs change.
Some of the ways people use room additions in their remodel include:
- Extra living space
- Media room or home theater
- Guest space
- Additional bedrooms and bathrooms
- Upgrading the primary suite
5. Smart home technology
Integrating smart home technology into your remodel can enhance convenience, security, energy efficiency, and overall comfort. Here are some smart home technologies you should consider incorporating into your remodel:
- A smart thermostat allows you to control your home’s heating and cooling remotely. It can learn your preferences and adjust the temperature based on your schedule, helping you save energy and maintain a comfortable environment.
- Smart lighting systems enable you to control the brightness and color of your lights using your smartphone or voice commands. You can schedule lighting scenes, set timers, and even integrate them with other smart devices for enhanced automation.
- Upgrade to smart locks that allow you to lock and unlock your doors remotely. Some models also provide temporary access codes for guests and service providers.
- Smart security cameras offer real-time video monitoring of your home, both indoors and outdoors. They can send alerts to your phone when motion is detected, allowing you to keep an eye on your property from anywhere.
- Automated window shades or blinds can be controlled remotely, allowing you to adjust natural light and privacy with ease.
- A smart garage door opener enables you to open and close your garage door remotely. Some models can also send notifications when the door is left open.
Looking for the right team to take care of your home remodel? Our happy clients’ testimonials speak for themselves, and we have the advanced technology and team of professionals you need to transform your property into your dream home. To learn more, contact us any time.